View Single Post
Old 09-10-08, 03:56 AM   #1
_MiniMe_

Default NvAGP/AGPGART on PCIe systems

Hi!

First of all, I know that there are similar threads already and I searched for a while before posting this but I still have some unanswered questions...

I've got a GF8800 PCIe card and an nForce chipset and the suspend mode does not work (i.e. does not resume). When searching for a solution I found some howtos that all told me to set the NvAGP option to "1" in order to use NVidias AGPGART implementation. It seems somewhat strange to use such an option on a PCIe system but the howto I followed stated:

Quote:
note that this is necessary even for PCI-Express graphics cards for resume to work reliably
it's from the ubuntu wiki:
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Nv...yDriverSuspend

So I set the "NvAGP" option and blacklisted the agpgart module. But this does not change anything. The agpgart module ist still loaded by the nvidia-module (according to the lsmod output) and resuming from suspend still does not work. I tried several driver versions, including the latest 177.xxx beta drivers.

Here are my questions:
- does the "NvAGP" option has _any_ impact an a PCIe system (even if it's only for resuming)?
- why does the nvidia driver depend on agpgart on a PCIe system?

I hope that someone (maybe an NVidia developer?) can finally clarify this. It would be great if the NVidia readme would be updated to cover this case...

Regards
_MiniMe_ is offline   Reply With Quote