Re: nVidia driver + hibernate = no go?
Hi, short update and some sort of summary about hibernate and suspend on my T61 using 177 series driver from nVidia. Previous driver expierence can be found in posts earlier.
Suspend (if its specified as works - it means works flawlessly):
* Fedora8 works with 177.13 (this was latest I tried) but X crashes - but notice that no probs with nVidia itself, this is X problem
* Fedora9 doesn't with 177.13, 177.6x, 177.70, doesn't resume at all (probably not nVidia problem, but not sure)
* Debian Lenny works with 177.13, 177.6x, 177.70
* ArchLinux works with 1.5 PRE RC6 server using 177.13, 177.6x, 177.70, it does NOT crash with 1.4.2 server ONLY if You remove xorg-fonts-100dpi and xorg-fonts-75dpi font package, otherwise it crashes and it is NOT nVidias fault
* common stuff: if computer is resuming, it always is slow and beeps 2-4 times after 30 sec or so pause after each beep, computer is waiting for smth, there is no known case it's resuming fast and nice, but I have to note that mostly it does resume even it beeps (see below)
* Fedora8 works with 177.13 (beeps 2 times), but X crashes sometimes - but notice that no probs with nVidia itself, this is X problem
* Fedora9 doesn't with 177.13, 177.6x, 177.70 (beeps 4 times and dies - blank screen), doesn't resume at all, this looks like nVidia
* Debian Lenny works with 177.13, 177.70 - beeps 2 times and resumes fine
* ArchLinux works with 177.13, 177.70 - beeps 2 times and resumes fine
This all was tested by me on my HW with no tweaks whatsoever apart from standard install. In Arch I used pm-utils method.
** Laptop T500: C2D 2.53Ghz, 4Gb RAM, Radeon Mobility HD3650, ArchLinux x86_64, Gnome, custom 22.214.171.124, Catalyst 10.10...
** Homebrew router/media server: Intel Celeron 1.2GHz 256Mb RAM, Intel Integrated Video, ArchLinux i686, no GUI, 126.96.36.199
** Homebrew desktop: AMD Phenom X4 9950 Black Edition, 4Gb RAM, integrated Radeon HD3300 + discrete Radeon 4850 512M, Windows 7 Ultimate (for games), ArchLinux i686, Gnome, 2.6.29, catalyst 9.4... (this now just rocks in lunix, really! )
Last edited by Kirurgs; 09-17-08 at 03:27 AM.