Thread: How...?
View Single Post
Old 09-15-02, 02:16 PM   #1
soundview00

Default How...?

I have been trying to install the NVidia Drivers on my machine for at least a week now, but still...no luck! I have read alot of the posts on this site and followed the NVidia website PDF documents. But to be honest, I'm getting lost trying to use NVchooser under linux (I don't know how to use it). I have tried everything to get that script to tell me which drivers are needed for my system, and the more I try, the more I get it wrong. I even can close one time when I actually installed the drivers and edited the file in my X11 directory, and when I restarted my system the screen stayed a solid black and flickered on\off with no consistant GUI. It sounded as if it wanted to display an image, but something wouldn't allow it to. I am posting my systems hardware and configuration on this site with hopes of getting some help. Thanks.

SYSTEM:

Dual PIII 600
Supermicro P6DBS Motherboard
512 RAM
Promise Fastrack 100 Raid Controller
2 IDE HDD (Stripped)
PNY GeForce 3 Ti-200 (64 MB RAM)

CONFIGURATION:

Dual Boot Env ( WIN XP and Linux 7.3 Personal )

I really would like to get Linux up and running with OpenGL support so that I could stop using MS WIN XP.

Please feel free to email me at celliot2@cox.net or post on this site. Either way you cut the cake, "I NEED LINUX".
soundview00 is offline   Reply With Quote