View Single Post
Old 09-10-08, 10:26 PM   #55
Dvahlish

Default Re: Warhammer is a huge disappointment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slybri View Post
I never said anything about leveling being easier than WoW. I agree, leveling in WOW was always super easy. Even more so after BC. Now, you could probably get to level 60 in a day with the "recruit a friend" bonuses. And you could easily solo your way to the level cap anytime. But then what?

What I meant was that WAR seems more solo friendly as a whole, even more so than WOW. In WOW, you had to be commited to an organized guild in order to enjoy the end game dungeons and raids. And finding a good PUG for any instance was always a pain.

But WAR is really a different game altogether, even though it looks like WOW on the surface. WOW is built around PvE, with PvP added in later on the side. WAR is built from the ground up as a PvP focused game. Just look at the world maps of both games and you can see it. WOW is this huge open world that you explore. WAR is 3 seperate wars with 6 paths to the front lines and the endgame. And along the way there are public quests, open groups, and RvR scenarios where you can gear up. You can participate in the final RvR endgame without being commited to an uber guild and playing for 5 hours a night.

That might not be what a lot of WOW fans are looking for, but I'm gonna give it a shot.
Yeh Im finding exactly this...Its nice to walk into a PQ and not have to be in a party or guild to complete it. A few times I have joined a PQ (simple just by walking into one...no ques....no finding healer, tanks...dps) and a player has invited me to join a warband, which I have done...but its not neccessary and im not really sure what benefit you gain by joining one anyway.

So many people are spending way to much time comparing WOW and WAR...they are different games, no matter how similar or disimilar they look and they both have thier good and bad points.
One doesnt have to be better than the other because everyone will have thier own preferences.

I think the people in wow that love thier BG's and Arenas in wow, may find something that appeals to them in WAR.