View Single Post
Old 09-12-08, 09:20 AM   #4
saguy

Default Re: I am looking for a MMORPG - How is EQ2 these days

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tr1cK View Post
I can't believe you didn't say AoC ran the worst and said WAR instead. WAR ran a bit better than LOTRO on my machine. AoC ran like **** and I haven't played EQ2 in 2 years, but would say it will probably run about like LOTRO.

Tabula Rasa is hands down the worst game on the list. It's buggy, imbalanced, and very shallow. If I remember right, the engine sucks to the point where you can't run AA and the nice lighting option at the same time too.
I am not going to continue with Tabula Rasa. I wanted to check the game out for myself and to be and from what I had heard I was expecting worse. I am looking for some depth in a game so that's why I am curious about EQ2 again. I will check their forums over the weekend to see how healthy the community is.

I did not bother mentioning the performance of AoC because I did not expect it to run well anyway. I was expecting WAR to fly along due to the primitive graphics. I have been following a thread on another forum where players have reported issues with poor performance which may be related to VRAM on some setups. Apparently in the next patch there are going to be a few more settings for the amount of memory that you can allocate to VRAM.
saguy is offline   Reply With Quote