GeForce3 Ti200 96xx problems on FreeBSD 7.
Hi guys. I can't get those drivers to work. When i install them, ignite X11 and system goes into full freeze and reboots in a matter of seconds. From the system core dump it looks like the thing pagefaults.
The hardware is :
Intel Pentium 4 on i845 mainboard with 1 GB of RAM.
MSI GeForce3 Ti200, 64 MB RAM.
The thing worked perfectly on 5.4-RELEASE and it works perfectly on Windows2000, so it isn't a hardware issue.
This is the summary of all things i have tried;
- Got the latest legacy 96xx drivers from nVidia's site, "make install", "nvidia-xconfig".
- nvidia.ko is kld'loaded and from the /var/log/messages the kernel module detects my card OK.
- compat5x is installed and has an appropriate entry in /etc/rc.conf.
- Reverted to generic driver xorg.conf, and then attempted manual change of settings, refering to instructions in README file.
- Installed the drivers from ports tree, with Linux support. Linux ABI is already up and running good.
- Tried to disable native BSD AGP support and ACPI support in /boot/loader.conf
Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.