View Single Post
Old 09-23-08, 01:40 PM   #1816
omzig
Comfortably Numb

Default Re: Flight Simulator X Full Version Feedback Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJA06 View Post
Yeah, I've had a poke about in the past with image tool from ACES, and noticed this 4x4 arrangement - So are you using the same template of 4x4, or can it be simplified?

I need to read up on creating textures with an Alpha channel, which I've no idea about - I guess a bit of Googling is required.

I have put a link to the sunset texture I created in PS [a rich orange horizon], in the FSX club page if anyone would like to try it [usual back-up precautions apply]

A question maybe you could answer Steve, there are nine Sky_Sunset_X textures, yet to my eye they were all exactly the same - so I just created one texture and duplicated it nine times. It seems to work just fine, blending from Pre-sunset to post-sunset very nicely. SO why are there nine the same?

This seems to apply to all the sky textures throughout the day, lots of duplicates.

Mark..
Hey Mark

I havent dug deeper than just doing replacements for the sky textures much like yourself
i will be building some test textures later this week for it to try and see whats going on in a bit more detail,i'll make a set of numbered texture tiles and set ingame time to x8 and see what happens if i find anything worth noting i'll let you know,im gonna give your sky replacement's a go ASAP.....hey maybe we can work together on a freeware sky package! my clouds your skys

About alpha textures well just think that they act as masks for what ever is in the RGB channel you have 256 levels of transparency white being fully opaque/solid and black fully transparent,theres plenty of tuts and info out there but let me know if you get stuck or need any help

Done a bit more work on my first set of clouds & there starting to look almost release worthy

BTW the plane in these shots is the freeware Westland Wyvern top model & a real nice flyer
grab it at http://www.nazcastudios.com/sea-hawk/wyvern.html

Laters
steve
omzig is offline   Reply With Quote