View Single Post
Old 09-24-08, 11:09 AM   #13
Xion X2

Default Re: Why did NVIDIA skip the revision of Direct X 10.01 on their 9800 GTX/GX2/GTX 260/

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekrosoft13 View Post
true but look at my other point, dx11 hardware will probably be out before dx11 gets released.
It doesn't really matter. Developers cannot code for DX11 until the API is released to the public.

So if DX10.1 is already available (which it has been as developers are already working with it) then it has a good head start on DX11, obviously.

Quote:
dx11 hardware will be also compatible with dx10.1
My worry is that the recent GT350 rumor could be true and they'll skip DX10.1 and DX11 altogether. Despite whether or not ATI supports it, Nvidia is a big influence on developers.

Hoping that doesn't happen. I honestly don't think it will. It would be pretty &$&@^ of Nvidia to withhold performance increases from a large crowd just because they didn't want to support it with hardware. They've already delayed its implementation with their current-gen lineup. I mean, hell.. ATI has supported it since last gen. It's time for Nvidia to do the same so that we can all benefit from the performance enhancements.

i7-2700k @ 5.0 GHz
Nvidia GeForce 570 2.5GB Tri-SLI
Asus P67 WS Revolution (Tri-SLI)
OCZ Vertex SSD x 4 (Raid 5)
G.Skill 8GB DDR3 @ 1600MHz
PC Power & Cooling 950W PSU
Xion X2 is offline   Reply With Quote