View Single Post
Old 09-26-08, 06:06 PM   #36
Heinz68

Default Re: Why did NVIDIA skip the revision of Direct X 10.01 on their 9800 GTX/GX2/GTX 260/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xion X2
PhysX has potential, and it would be nice if we could reach a standardization, but that is a failed attempt by you to parallel the DX10.1 argument. Nvidia owns Ageia and the PhysX technology; ATI does not own DX10.1. DX10.1 is a technology that both are free to share on equal ground.

I mean, get real. You can't expect ATI, a competing graphics company, to quell its own ambitions for a superior physics processing and humbly take shelter under Nvidia's PhysX umbrella knowing they would always play second fiddle to them. If Nvidia really wanted partnership on this venture, then they wouldn't have bought Ageia to gobble up all the technology to themselves. Their primary focus is gaining marketshare.. just the same as ATI.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
I don't think I've "failed" to make a parallel at all-
You condemn NVIDIA for making the choice not to adopt a technology I see as meaningless, yet dismiss ATi not adopting technologies that will actually greatly change the level of immersion in games.

You have a double standard.
Xion x2 is definitely right, I don't know what's so hard to understand about it.

Quote:
TheTechReport
After all, Nvidia recently signed on to the PC Gaming Alliance, whose charter involves pushing common standards like DX10.1 and increasing "the number of PCs that can run games really well."
The Ageia PhysX is STRICTY NVidia development and they're also promoting it as such. NVidia didn't make any effort to share or coordinate the development with AMD or other members of the alliance like INTEL.

So yes you failed BIG time.

Fail #2, the subject of this thread is about:
"Why did NVIDIA skip the revision of Direct X 10.01 on their 9800 GTX/GX2/GTX 260/280?"

------------------------------------------------------------
Core i7 980X EE @ 4316 MHz 1.35V - Corsair Hydro Series H50
ASUS Rampage II Extreme - Corsair Dominator 1600MHz 12GB Triple-Channel
Sapphire HD 6990 - ATI TV Wonder 650 PCIe
Intel X25-M 160GB 34nm G2 SSD - Seagate Barracuda 1TB 32mb
Cosmos S Case - Corsair HX1000W PSU
Pioner Blu-ray Burner 6X BD-R - Westinghouse LVM-37w3, 37inch 1080p
Logitech G25 Racing Wheel - Logitech Cordless RumblePad 2
Sennheiser RS 180 - Windows 7 64-bit Pro
Heinz68 is offline   Reply With Quote