View Single Post
Old 09-27-08, 03:20 AM   #37
Leech

Default Re: Why did NVIDIA skip the revision of Direct X 10.01 on their 9800 GTX/GX2/GTX 260/

I just thought I'd interject some thoughts on this first off and say that Microsoft should die....

Well now that I've gotten that off my chest...

Why is it that a .x release should require new hardware at all?

Going from from 7-8 fine, 7-9 fine, 9-10 Ok. But 10.0 to 10.1? Seriously?

And so if a developer is programming for Dx10 and they see ONE single feature of 10.1 that they like, they have to switch their development API to 10.1 and suddenly the people with hardware that supports up to 10.0 are screwed? How retarded is that.

Forcefully obsoleting people's computers like they have already done with Windows Vista and their previous operating systems, is seriously aggravating to customers.

I don't really see any mention yet of what benefits 10.1 brings to the table besides performance. That's what everyone is pointing out anyhow. So what's the big deal? wouldn't it be better to just optimize what's in DX10 instead of making an API change, which is what this sounds like. Why don't they at least call it DX11-pre or something. 10.x would be bug fix releases, not API changes.

Where's Ballmer, I want to punch him in his monkey balls.

Leech

P.S. If you feel I'm bashing Microsoft too much in this, please know that I've had to spend the last two weeks trying to get Outlook (all versions including 2007) to work properly with a postfix email server using SSL. Seriously, you can change the settings to use SSL click Apply and Ok, it won't send an email. Go back into the settings and check them again and they have reverted to what they were BEFORE you changed them. Sorry for the off topic P.S. Just had to get it off my chest!
Leech is offline   Reply With Quote