View Single Post
Old 09-28-08, 07:38 AM   #48
Heinz68

Default Re: Why did NVIDIA skip the revision of Direct X 10.01 on their 9800 GTX/GX2/GTX 260/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollo
Gstanford is correct.
First my reply was not about "gstanford" post I didn't even read it. But since you said he was correct how does this sound for correct?
Quote:
Originally Posted by gstanford
ATi brought out hardware with extended dx10 features and microsoft chose to support them as DX revision/extension.
Quote:
This whole topic is just pathetic.
What is pathetic is your reply to my post which was addressed towards 'Mayasiwi". Did you at least read it?
Before replying for him.

Actually you included only one point from my reply and I said "first official driver" about the OpenGL and the only reason I included it was Madyasiwi post.

Anyway let me say it one more time this thread is about:
"Why did NVIDIA skip the revision of Direct X 10.01 on their 9800 GTX/GX2/GTX 260/280?"

The DX10.1 is very much part of the "PC Gaming Alliance" (TheTechReport) which NViDIA recently signed. The Ageia PhysX, CUDA or the 3d glasses you say are more important is not part of it but you always bring it up, doesn't matter what the thread is about.

Quote:
ATi has a long history of introducing features that never really see the light of day, blaming NVIDIA for not making their bad choices is assinine.
Well even your above undocumented accusation was true what connection it has with DX10.1?

------------------------------------------------------------
Core i7 980X EE @ 4316 MHz 1.35V - Corsair Hydro Series H50
ASUS Rampage II Extreme - Corsair Dominator 1600MHz 12GB Triple-Channel
Sapphire HD 6990 - ATI TV Wonder 650 PCIe
Intel X25-M 160GB 34nm G2 SSD - Seagate Barracuda 1TB 32mb
Cosmos S Case - Corsair HX1000W PSU
Pioner Blu-ray Burner 6X BD-R - Westinghouse LVM-37w3, 37inch 1080p
Logitech G25 Racing Wheel - Logitech Cordless RumblePad 2
Sennheiser RS 180 - Windows 7 64-bit Pro
Heinz68 is offline   Reply With Quote