View Single Post
Old 09-28-08, 09:10 AM   #49
Madyasiwi

Default Re: Why did NVIDIA skip the revision of Direct X 10.01 on their 9800 GTX/GX2/GTX 260/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heinz68
Absolute nonsense. Can you give us some source about your accusation or is it just in your head?
Some links please and don't waste time with forum post like yours, some people have no problem to repeat it.
You are welcome to disagree with me as much as others are welcome to repeat anything I post as they see it fit.

Quote:
For example about this conspiracy ; "ATI successfully manage to lobby MS to include in DX 10.1 some features which they are better prepared to implement than NVidia. DirectX is Microsoft's proprietary, so nothing can stop them from giving one IHV a favor over another." I wonder why we didn't hear NVIVIDIA or the game developers screaming murder about it?
Who would care if NV did? It is Microsoft's proprietary API after all. NV could just take it or leave it. It has happened before with early DX 9 fiasco. When NV had anticipated the specs with 32 and 16 bit FP precision hardware, Microsoft and ATI silently agreed on 24 bit FP precision specs for their advantage.

Quote:
AMD/ATI is first to support new extensions for OpenGL 3.0 with official drivers.
Quote:
ATI have released new drivers for their Radeon products, bringing the first shot at OpenGL 3.0 support since the Khronos Group took the lid off the new standard at SIGGRAPH recently.
LINK or Google for more.
It's too late now as OpenGL is almost completely no longer relevant. Where were they in the last 5-6 years? Besides there is no point of being the first to deliver OpenGL 3 driver when it is incomplete and buggy as usual. Just look at the comments in the page you had pointed out; aren't they talk about bug in that driver already? LoL.
Madyasiwi is offline   Reply With Quote