View Single Post
Old 09-28-08, 09:41 AM   #51
Rollo
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 1,719
Default Re: Why did NVIDIA skip the revision of Direct X 10.01 on their 9800 GTX/GX2/GTX 260/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heinz68 View Post
First my reply was not about "gstanford" post I didn't even read it. But since you said he was correct how does this sound for correct?
What I was agreeing with is this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by gstanford View Post
To be quite blunt about it, ATi and their "more ardent" supporters are the ones trying to whip up a DX10.1 frenzy on the internet, not microsoft or anyone else. I think they will be as successful as they were with DX8.1 in DX8's lifetime however...


Quote:
Originally Posted by Heinz68 View Post
What is pathetic is your reply to my post which was addressed towards 'Mayasiwi". Did you at least read it?
Before replying for him.
Orly? I wasn't aware that the new rule on forums is to "only reply to posts addressed at you specifically". Seems to me you've addressed several at me without me addressing you, are you pathetic as well?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heinz68 View Post
Actually you included only one point from my reply and I said "first official driver" about the OpenGL and the only reason I included it was Madyasiwi post.
I trhink we can drop the "OpenGL first" aspect of this thread, as it doesn't matter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heinz68 View Post
Anyway let me say it one more time this thread is about:
"Why did NVIDIA skip the revision of Direct X 10.01 on their 9800 GTX/GX2/GTX 260/280?"
I guess it's a pointless thread then because it's not like any one but the design team at NVIDIA can answer that. It's also a moot point because they did, so their reasons are irrelevant.

The only thing that really is relevant is there are no DX10.1 games, upcoming support looks scarce, and for some reason ATi fanboys seem to like to yell about DX10.1. (which currently has exactly as much use as trout in streams have for spacecraft)

[quote=Heinz68;1790814]
The DX10.1 is very much part of the "PC Gaming Alliance" (TheTechReport) which NViDIA recently signed. The Ageia PhysX, CUDA or the 3d glasses you say are more important is not part of it but you always bring it up, doesn't matter what the thread is about.[/b]

Since you seem to like to speak for the PC Gaming Alliance, please show uswhere DX10.1 is "very much a part" of it:

http://www.pcgamingalliance.org/en/index.asp



Quote:
Originally Posted by Heinz68 View Post
Well even your above undocumented accusation was true what connection it has with DX10.1?
The point was ATi has implemented many features NVIDIA did not over the years (E.G. Truform) that never became the industry standard. Their decision to include DX10.1 does not mean including DX10.1 is a good or relevant choice. Time will tell if NVIDIA's decision was good or not, so far it looks like they made the right choice as devs don't seem to care about DX10.1 much at all.
__________________
Rig1:
intel 990X + 2 X EVGA 3GB GTX580 + 3 X Acer GD235Hz
3D Vision Surround

Rig 2:
intel 2500K + NVIDIA GTX590 + Dell 3007 WFPHC

[SIZE="1"]NVIDIA Focus Group Member
[B]NVIDIA Focus Group Members receive free software and/or hardware from NVIDIA from time to time to facilitate the evaluation of NVIDIA products. However, the opinions expressed are solely those of the Members.[/B][/SIZE]
Rollo is offline   Reply With Quote