View Single Post
Old 09-29-08, 02:51 PM   #60
Xion X2

Default Re: Why did NVIDIA skip the revision of Direct X 10.01 on their 9800 GTX/GX2/GTX 260/

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyjames123 View Post
You truly are missing the point. That quote says absolutely diddly squat about anything other than the fact that ATI's latest hardware is DX10.1 compliant, and that they were the first to bring DX10.1 to market, and MSFT's guy acknowledges that. So what?
No, it's you who is missing the point, and I'll tell you why. It's because you're so damn hypersensitive about your hardware that you cannot correctly comprehend the points I am making.

First off, not once in this thread have I ever claimed that Dx10.1 would gain any sort of significant traction. Trace back my posts to #18 where I explicitly say:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xion
Meanwhile, we all could've been enjoying a glimpse of what it will offer with DX10.1 in a plethora of games had Nvidia implemented it into their hardware already since their influence on developers is substantial. There are a few teams working with ATI on its implementation at the moment, but that group could've been much larger with support from both vendors.
Obviously, I am expressing my displeasure with Nvidia's lag of implentation because DX10.1 will not gain significant traction without it.

With that said, I'm going to ask this as nicely as I possibly can, given that this is now the 3rd time I'm having to walk you through a simple reading comprehension exercise.

Have you ever passed an English course?

Read the Global Director's quote again; it's the same individual speaking:

Quote:
We welcome AMD’s broad support for DirectX 10.1 compliant hardware and we’re pleased to see our newest technology brought to market so soon. One of the great advantages of PC gaming is the rapid pace at which the experiences evolve and improve. The ATI Radeon HD 3000 series and now the ATI Radeon HD 4800 series hardware delivers on the promise of DirectX 10 gaming with significantly improved visuals and enhanced performance,” said Kevin Unangst, Global Director, Microsoft Games for Windows.
So his seguay, in the same paragraph, into the "improved visuals and enhanced performance" was the discussion of DX10.1. It's plain to see that DX10.1 was the context of the discussion.

Quote:
What does that sentence have anything to do with game developers supporting it?
I don't know, Mr. Straw Man, why don't you tell me since this is your argument and not mine? I was simply responding to your statement that:

Where does the guy from MSFT say anything about DX10.1? He only talks generically about DX10 and the ATI cards.

Which was entirely untrue. He did mention 10.1, and he emphasized the improved visuals and performance that it brings to the table. That much is abundantly clear.

Quote:
Next time, don't throw around random quotes that don't really do anything to bolster your argument.
Next time, learn how to read. If you would only do so and drop your overdefensive stance, then I think you would see that the quotes I bring forth do pertain to any argument at hand.

Quote:
To state or even imply that DX10.1 is going to gain any traction is simply pure nonsense.
See above. I never said that DX10.1 would gain any sort of meaningful traction. The only thing I did was counter Rollo's inaccurate statement that there were absolutely no games that supported it that were on the radar. But you won't find me saying anywhere on this thread that DX10.1 will gain traction. I say that it COULD gain traction if Nvidia had supported it. In fact, I go out of my way to blame Nvidia for not adopting it BECAUSE it will not gain significant traction without their support.

How the hell you miss that is beyond me. I believe that if you would drop that hypersensitive stance of yours that you would probably be able to comprehend the points I'm trying to make instead of making up arguments for me at your leisure and blasting back.

And again, I offer the question to you or others why it is that you believe that DX10.1 is not a route worth taking if, by the comments of developers themselves and the API architects, it brings significant visual and performance enhancements?

i7-2700k @ 5.0 GHz
Nvidia GeForce 570 2.5GB Tri-SLI
Asus P67 WS Revolution (Tri-SLI)
OCZ Vertex SSD x 4 (Raid 5)
G.Skill 8GB DDR3 @ 1600MHz
PC Power & Cooling 950W PSU
Xion X2 is offline   Reply With Quote