View Single Post
Old 09-29-08, 09:35 PM   #15
Q

Default Re: Windows 7 = Windows Vista Sp2?

Quote:
Originally Posted by einstein_314 View Post
I fail to see how this is such a big shock to so many people....hasn't microsoft based previous OS's on their previous versions? Do you honestly expect them to start from the ground up? Vista isn't that bad. The only reason it's being regarded as the biggest flop ever is because of all the bad hype. I get in arguments everyday with people who claim vista is the biggest POS ever. They have no concrete reasons why they think this. And those who do would have the same problem with any OS. 99% of computer users know virtually nothing about the computers they use everyday and complain because things are different. People don't like change.
No offense, einstein_314, but Vista has a lot of that bad rap coming. ESPECIALLY pre-SP1.

At the university I work for, we required our users to install SP1 for Vista. Nearly a quarter of the machines (Newish Dells, HPs, Toshibas, etc) failed to upgrade properly. Either black screens or infinite restarts. It was a disaster that we still haven't recovered from, especially since we don't service student machines.....
Q is offline   Reply With Quote