View Single Post
Old 10-01-08, 09:35 PM   #68
Gimlis

Default Re: Windows 7 = Windows Vista Sp2?

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoomy942 View Post
on that one i will be honest - saying Linux is hard to setup shows you havent used it recently. is it different? yes, very much. but once you get past the Windows withdrawls you will no dounbt have (i did) you will see how much more sense it makes.

No more searching all over the web for something you need. Simply search in the package manager, check the box and click apply. THATS IT. it downloads it (and any dependencies it will need) and installs it for you. done. NOTHING in windows acts like that.

I can install an entire Linux OS in less time than it takes for you to simply run a Windows Update install.

it is seriously simple and easy. MY tablet and my wife's tablet were incredibly easy to configure and setup.
Wow sounds like youíre experiences with Linux are a Polar opposite to those Iíve had.

Iíve had the package manager fail and cease to work in 5 separate distributions Ubuntu , 2 x kUbuntu SUSE and Fedora, oops make that 6 forgot the Red had distro I tried years ago.

Fortunately those problems led me to community forums and man pages and force me to the use the command line and learn a little something in the process.. so far I am more interested in and impressed with command line than the GUIs Iíve seen for Linux.
Gimlis is offline   Reply With Quote