View Single Post
Old 10-02-08, 01:24 PM   #206
SisXtian

Default Re: Official Unofficial OSX on your non-Apple hardware thread

I've had my install of the iATKOS v2.0i Leopard 10.5.2 working for several months now. But from the beginning, it's given me a kernel panic whenever more than 2GB is saved out (like exporting video in Quicktime Pro). It's not that it has a problem with large files. I don't know if I need a new kext for the IDE controller or what. This panic does NOT show up when I transfer to an external firewire drive, though. I've transferred over 500GB to that drive in OSX. It's only when files are utilized by my OSX system drive (an IDE drive). I've done a lot of research about this problem, but I'm not really sure how to narrow down what's causing it on my system (memory issue, HDD issue, etc). I have just now deleted the JMicron.kext file and I now get a circle with a slash through it when I try to boot into OSX. I'm a little unsure about the process of using kexthelper, terminal, and rebuilding permissions, and what order all that needs to happen in order to insure that kexts are injected properly. I'm downloading the DS3L-package to see if I can get back into OSX long enough to install that.

Here are my hardware specs in hopes that someone can offer a suggestion for what I need to do.

iATKOS v2.0i Leopard 10.5.2

GA-P35-DS3L Mobo
8GB RAM (OSX recognizes all of it)
Core 2 Quad Intel processor
NVidia quadro FX 370
30GB Western Digital IDE Master HDD (running OSX)
80GB Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 IDE Slave HDD (running Windows XP)
Intel ICH9 Serial ATA storage controller

I've also never been able to get audio working, but that's a small problem compared to this one.

Let me know if there's any other info needed. Thanks for any help.
SisXtian is offline   Reply With Quote