View Single Post
Old 10-07-08, 11:35 AM   #23
parasiteeve
*BANNED*

Default Re: 9800 GX2 or GTX 260?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovingSticky View Post
That is simply not true :-) BioShock is one of those modern games, based on Unreal 3 engine, and look at its performance, 116FPS versus 69FPS is what 9800GX2 beast can do:
LovingSticky please tell me that you really are not this dense in person. I said that with the combination of AA combined with any UE3 engine based game. That benchmark has no AA you nub so memory isnt an issue.

I will say it again for you in big bold letters that hopefully you will understand: WITH 4XAA ENBALED IN UE3 BASED GAMES THE GX2 CARD WILL SHOW ITS LIMITATIONS AND GET TROUNCED BY THE GTX 260, UE3 BASED GAMES WITH FORCED AA ARE MEMORY HOGS. PERIOD. OBLIVION WITH QUARLS TEXTURE PACK AND AA APPLIED WILL ALSO TURN YOUR GX2 INTO A SLIDE SHOW. THESE ARE ONLY BUT A COUPLE OF EXAMPLES BTW.

Honestly, if your so happy and content with your GX2 card then why do you feel the constant need to repeat the same stuff over and over and over again? I think your insecure to say the least.

For someone in the market looking to get a new card the 260 is a much better solution than the GX2 card, the user will not need to upgrade again nearly as soon and as more memory intense games come out he will still be fine where as if he was to get a GX2 card he would find himself needing to upgrade again very soon. The GTX 260 has a much better future now than the near extinct GX2 series.

People are already posting that have made the jump from a 9800 GX2 card to a 260 or a 280 and are stating how much happier they are with their new cards, these people speak from experience of owning both cards and that my friend is something that you dont have. Before you go running your mouth about my experience you should know that I used to own 8800GTX's in SLI so I am well aware of how flawed nvidias dual GPU solution can be.
parasiteeve is offline   Reply With Quote