View Single Post
Old 10-07-08, 07:43 PM   #1866
yxx

Default Re: Flight Simulator X Full Version Feedback Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillyeagle View Post
I tried to set my self up with a GTX260 this weekend, but it didn't work. Since I get horrible stutters in full screen with any of the new drivers, and because all other games like the new ones, I've had to change back to the 169 driver every time I want to play FSX. I got tired of that so decided to change cards. Well I got the new card at a local shop, took it home, and everything looked good until I fired up Stalker, at which point I lost video, and after that I had tons of artifacts even in 2D. Needless to say I had to return the card and I'm still with my 8800. I think I'll order one for next weekend and hopefully I'll have better luck, and I think I'll ge the version with 216 cores.

that's a bummer about the new card. i was fortunate and got a good one and had no issues with mine. i hear you on the stuttering with FSX and newer drivers in full screen. I'm running VISTA 64 with latest drivers and it's not too bad for me now. it's not as good as i had it running xp with 160series drivers but it will have to do for me now. but I'm a little picky too and probably pay a little too much attention when flying in FSX when there's a hiccup instead of just playing the game.

well if you get the card this weekend then congrats on the new card and enjoy and report your experiences.
yxx is offline   Reply With Quote