View Single Post
Old 09-16-02, 01:12 PM   #29
t00bad

Default try one of these

Option "NvAgp" "0" ... disables AGP support
Option "NvAgp" "1" ... use NVAGP, if possible
Option "NvAgp" "2" ... use AGPGART, if possible
Option "NvAGP" "3" ... try AGPGART; if that fails, try NVAGP

ok, i shoulda ask this before but is your card agp? if it is one of the above might work. the device section, wich was hard to choose, the layout of the file can be confusing did not have any options to start agp wich i needed. the above is from the readme text on nvidias site: http://download.nvidia.com/XFree86_40/1.0-3123/README this is out of appendix f. i also used the forum at www.mandrakeuser.org wich had a lot of configs posted, i used them to determine were to put the line. they also have some posts wich tell you how to check to see if agp or any other modules are loaded or not and what files to check for clues, you have to look at the posts regarding failed nvidia installs. mandrake and redhat are very similar, ive loaded both. in regards to lines, sometimes it will tell you were the error is by line number, just count each line, blank or not and youll find the offending error. and i did not try to compile on this load, i started fresh giving a clean install to start with. i installed about 6 times before cuz i kept crashing the system. i hate to tell you to do this cuz it made me want to throw all of my pcs away but you got a lot of reading ahead of you keep at it. i also made a lot of stupid mistakes and overlooked or did not notice something really stupid=bad news.
generally the people in the forums are others like you, including me so be careful.....good luck!!!!!
t00bad is offline   Reply With Quote