View Single Post
Old 10-15-08, 10:10 AM   #54
Heinz68

Default Re: Intel won't let Nvidia make Nehalem chipsets

Quote:
Originally Posted by hell_of_doom227 View Post

I'm not buying x58 and Nehalem, cause i don't want to pay ****ing $300 for excluse Intel right on it. My next CPU purchase is going to be AMD along with Nvidia card.
Sure you're buying AMD. Some good stuff you must be smoking.
Do you remember what you posted just few days ago?
Quote:
Originally Posted by hell_of_doom227
AMD is going to be now two companies, meaning they are dead. AMD is just dying. Hopefully somebody will save ATI from AMD sinking ship. Intel should go and buy ATI from AMD or Nvidia or whoever. I hope Intel says well no x86 license for AMD anymore cause you just suck and now you're sellling yourself to some Arabian company...AMD deserves big **** YOU. LINK
With AMD dead it's going to be hard to buy one but I can sell you mine Athlon x2 4200+ at premium price (no Arabian connection).

Now about the SLI and X58:
Quote:
Originally Posted by hell_of_doom227
So, everybody will be forced to buy x58 so i guess Intel decided to make chipset for their CPU only and nobody else. That's fine as long as they don't ****ing ask for SLI and Crossfire for almost free.
AMD and Nvidia should step on Intel and say you know **** you, you wont see SLI and Crossfire on your boards.
Last post on this thread was June 6, 2008 before it was forwarded and apparently the above is no longer true.
http://www.bit-tech.net/news/2008/08...-qpi-license/1
http://www.digitimes.com/mobos/a20080828VL200.html
Or Google more.

It was NVIDIA own fault they wanted the SLI on they chipset only since it could easy be done by software without any cost. They should have reached the agreement with Intel much sooner. ATI crossfire was open for Intel to use.

------------------------------------------------------------
Core i7 980X EE @ 4316 MHz 1.35V - Corsair Hydro Series H50
ASUS Rampage II Extreme - Corsair Dominator 1600MHz 12GB Triple-Channel
Sapphire HD 6990 - ATI TV Wonder 650 PCIe
Intel X25-M 160GB 34nm G2 SSD - Seagate Barracuda 1TB 32mb
Cosmos S Case - Corsair HX1000W PSU
Pioner Blu-ray Burner 6X BD-R - Westinghouse LVM-37w3, 37inch 1080p
Logitech G25 Racing Wheel - Logitech Cordless RumblePad 2
Sennheiser RS 180 - Windows 7 64-bit Pro
Heinz68 is offline   Reply With Quote