View Single Post
Old 09-16-02, 08:01 PM   #12
skipparoo

I am gettting all kinds of freezes and reboots with this game, and I can only assume the Detonators are responsible. I'm serious, every kind of crash you can get, and at random times. I thought it might have been the slight overclocking I had applied to my CPU and GPU, but bringing the clocks down to the standard levels produced the same results.

Anyways, I guess there are really only 3 kinds of crashes. One is the classic reboot. Game instantly quits and system reboots. Then there's the freeze to a blank screen. Game crashes and presents a blank screen, forcing a reset. The other is the freeze frame. Game freezes and gameplay scenario is frozen in place, no blank screen, much like what happens when the GPU core clock is set too high, forcing a reset.

I think that's about it. The only other kind of crash I guess I'm not witnessing is a crash to the desktop, the one crash I would prefer over all others. I certainly hope these are strictly driver related, or at least related to the game and the way it runs with these drivers. Strange, at times I can play for hours at a time, and then sometimes I'll play for a mere 10 minutes or so and then, boom! We require your assistance nVIDIA :P

-Skippy
skipparoo is offline   Reply With Quote