you mean, "non-rectangle shapes" don't exist as monitors? Both my 1920x1200 and 1600x1200 are 1200 px high, when put next to each other there's a nice 3520x1200 bounding box that could be emulated. But alas, if the device doesn't support it, it's pointless. Email to matrox is underway, I'll edit when/if they reply.
I'd like to add another monitor to my setup. Addicted to screen space and stuff. Right now I use this setup (not to scale)
where the notebook display is connected using synergy
, hence no window dragging across the computers, but at least I can use one mouse and keyboard.
I'd like to buy another 1920x1200 (and some mounting stuff) to achieve this:
but I don't have a clue how to connect the third monitor without sacrificing something.
- Adding a second gfx-board + Xinerama will disable composition.
- TH2G on both 1920-screens will only work with 57 Hz, not a good idea either.
- Connecting a 1920 and the 1600 using TH2G doesn't seem to work.
- Adding a monitor to the notebook is not an option, since the notebook doesn't have a DVI port (and isn't permanently available anyway).
- Adding a second gfx-board without Xinerama will disable window dragging on yet another monitor and require another taskbar.
So after all, it seems like I'm better off with my old setup. bleh.