View Single Post
Old 10-22-08, 07:32 AM   #17
Tub

Default Re: Triple-Head Setup without Xinerama?

you mean, "non-rectangle shapes" don't exist as monitors? Both my 1920x1200 and 1600x1200 are 1200 px high, when put next to each other there's a nice 3520x1200 bounding box that could be emulated. But alas, if the device doesn't support it, it's pointless. Email to matrox is underway, I'll edit when/if they reply.

I'd like to add another monitor to my setup. Addicted to screen space and stuff. Right now I use this setup (not to scale)

where the notebook display is connected using synergy, hence no window dragging across the computers, but at least I can use one mouse and keyboard.

I'd like to buy another 1920x1200 (and some mounting stuff) to achieve this:

but I don't have a clue how to connect the third monitor without sacrificing something.
  • Adding a second gfx-board + Xinerama will disable composition.
  • TH2G on both 1920-screens will only work with 57 Hz, not a good idea either.
  • Connecting a 1920 and the 1600 using TH2G doesn't seem to work.
  • Adding a monitor to the notebook is not an option, since the notebook doesn't have a DVI port (and isn't permanently available anyway).
  • Adding a second gfx-board without Xinerama will disable window dragging on yet another monitor and require another taskbar.
So after all, it seems like I'm better off with my old setup. bleh.
Tub is offline   Reply With Quote