View Single Post
Old 10-22-08, 10:06 AM   #1
cyntho

Default Maximus II Formula w/ E8400 BIOS Settings

Hey all,

I just recently got an ASUS Maximus II Formula with an E8400 CPU, and I have been attempting to reach a stable 4GHZ OC like most of the people who have an E8400.

My computer specs are as follows:

Motherboard: ASUS Maximus II Formula
CPU: Intel E8400
RAM: G. Skill PC2-8000 2x2GB (4GB) (Capable of 2.1v)

I have the ZALMAN 9700 Cooler cooling the CPU, and I've been able to achieve a simple 3.6GHz on it with 400x9 settings in the BIOS w/ minimal voltage changes.

However, whenever i try going to 445x9 or even 500x8, with some voltage increases in the ranges of 1.34-1.38, one of the cores manages to continously fail in Prime95 running on Blend after about 30 minutes.

I guess the major question is, there are a whole lot of other voltage options to tweak on this motherboard, and I am unsure as to whether or not these other voltages need to be tweaked. Some examples of this are as follows:

CPU PLL Voltage
SB 1.5V
SB 1.1V
CPU GTL
etc.

There are quite a few more, but I am not home this minute to record all of them down.

If none of these really need to be modified, should I just keep upping the VCORE to 1.4v and keep praying for a stable Prime95?

Any assistance on this would be appreciated.

I would really like to hear from others that have reached a 4GHz OC with an E8400 on a MAXIMUS II FORMULA or similar board, even a P35 would be fine .
cyntho is offline   Reply With Quote