View Single Post
Old 09-16-02, 11:15 PM   #18
SnakeEyes
Registered User
 
SnakeEyes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Lake Zurich, IL
Posts: 502
Send a message via ICQ to SnakeEyes
Default

Wow. After playing with some of the tweaks listed around the nVnews site and elsewhere, I reran the benchmark.exe.

First, the settings-
(taken directly from my ut2003.ini file, so I hopefully don't miss anything):
[WinDrv.WindowsClient]
WindowedViewportX=800
WindowedViewportY=600
FullscreenViewportX=1024
FullscreenViewportY=768
MenuViewportX=640
MenuViewportY=480
Brightness=0.800000
Contrast=0.700000
Gamma=1.000000
UseJoystick=False
CaptureMouse=True
StartupFullscreen=True
ScreenFlashes=True
NoLighting=False
MinDesiredFrameRate=35.000000
Decals=True
Coronas=True
DecoLayers=True
Projectors=True
NoDynamicLights=False
ReportDynamicUploads=False
TextureDetailInterface=UltraHigh
TextureDetailTerrain=Normal
TextureDetailWeaponSkin=Normal
TextureDetailPlayerSkin=Normal
TextureDetailWorld=Normal
TextureDetailRenderMap=Normal
TextureDetailLightmap=Normal
TextureMaxLOD=0
TextureMinLOD=0
NoFractalAnim=False
ScaleHUDX=0.000000

[ALAudio.ALAudioSubsystem]
UseEAX=False
Use3DSound=True
UseDefaultDriver=True
CompatibilityMode=False
UsePrecache=True
ReverseStereo=false
Channels=32
MusicVolume=0.000000
AmbientVolume=0.300000
SoundVolume=1.000000
DopplerFactor=1.000000
Rolloff=0.500000
TimeBetweenHWUpdates=15.000000
DisablePitch=False
LowQualitySound=False

[D3DDrv.D3DRenderDevice]
DetailTextures=True
HighDetailActors=False
SuperHighDetailActors=False
UsePrecaching=True
UseTrilinear=True
AdapterNumber=-1
ReduceMouseLag=True
UseTripleBuffering=False
UseHardwareTL=True
UseHardwareVS=True
UseCubemaps=True
DesiredRefreshRate=60
UseCompressedLightmaps=True
UseStencil=False
Use16bit=False
Use16bitTextures=False
MaxPixelShaderVersion=255
UseVSync=False
LevelOfAnisotropy=1
DetailTexMipBias=0.800000
DefaultTexMipBias=-0.500000
UseNPatches=False
TesselationFactor=1.000000
CheckForOverflow=False
DecompressTextures=False
UseXBoxFSAA=False
DescFlags=0
Description=

With these settings, in-game I'm seeing what appears to be a minimum (NOT average) framerate in the upper 50's lower 60's in all the maps, including the DM-Antalus map (up until now the one that usually pushes my system the hardest).

Now, as far as the benchmark settings go, I left the MaxDetail.ini and MinDetail.ini files mostly alone, except for one change- I changed the ReduceMouseLag variable to false in both.

As far as video card settings go, I've been playing the game most of the weekend without any aniso, and with 4xs FSAA. But I decided to tweak those too, and used RivaTuner to adjust the D3D LOD setting to a -1.5 as suggested and used by Kev1 (thanks for the tip ), and then dropped to Quincunx AA again. For the benchmark results, I'm now getting:



I'm preparing to copy my current benchmark MaxDetail ini to a backup location, and then make a copy of my current game ut2003.ini in it's place, to see what it reports for those settings. I expect a decent increase in performance over what I've got here. Hopefully I'll get time tonight, and can post THOSE results here.
Attached Images
File Type: bmp newscores.bmp (62.0 KB, 290 views)
__________________
Snake-Eyes
SnakeEyes is offline   Reply With Quote