View Single Post
Old 11-01-08, 10:27 PM   #41
npras42
Hi Everybody!

Default Re: Blu-ray is dead - heckuva job, Sony!

lol What a load of toss! If BR dies and we're all forced to watch Digital Distribution films then I'd say we're on the verge of taking ten steps backwards. You people are the same ones complaining that HD-DVD had such superior IQ compared to BR. Do you really think these NetFlix films are even in the same league as either of them.

Sony needs to lower prices for the sake of us techy nerds. I don't want to watch second-rate videos streamed to my TV for the next 5 years and I know that such a service would be rolled out so poorly in the UK that it would mean the death of pretty much all HQ home video entertainment. I'm totally serious. Whatever you want to say about Sony's track record, in my book BR has worked perfectly well in 99% of situations as a video format and has not been overly intrusive with DRM. I still haven't watched a single P-in-P commentary track so what a waste of energy all that complaining was about that.

If anything its this idea of dig distribution that needs to die not BR. Unfortunately, the product has been left in the hands of Sony and they have shown to be totally inept at these things.
npras42 is offline   Reply With Quote