View Single Post
Old 08-29-03, 02:25 AM   #292
Jeffus

Send a message via ICQ to Jeffus

PHEW a nice couple of tasty posts their!!

All I can say is morrow seems quiet on responding to the post about a solution.......

I upgraded from a bogstandard PSU to the Antec 550, and my clicking noises went away.... so I know it's a power thang. Although I can't beleive it.... having trimmed out many other components i don't think there's any interference from anything that causes the flicker/strobing FX... Some games do not suffer that much flicker (3D games) where as some do..... this surely suggests to me that there is some link to refresh rates and either D3D or OGL???

Sorry to those that have never been around in those glorious days of the C64 and Amiga..... but.
I remember from my C64 days and 6502 coding that sometimes when you had loads going on (i.e. Demos) that thangs would slow down considerably, so we used a trick by inserting color bars in a routine (e.g. scroll) The thicker the lines (without getting too technical) the lower the performance, so we used to optomise our code to get thinner lines...... there's more to it (regarding IRQ Raster scanning etc... BLAH!!) but my point is, perhaps it a software issue rater than an hardware issue??
Ahhhh, the rantings of an almost middleaged gamer!!

Does anyone understand what I'm getting at...... needs more caffeen only been up 30mins......
AMD Athlon 2600+ XP
1gig mem DDR333
MSI Starforce Geforce FX5900 Ultra 256 VTD (current driver 52.16Whql)
2 x Maxtor 120gig HDs
Logitec MX700 mouse
Audigy 2 sound + 5.1 Surround Logitech speaker system
XP Pro + all service packs, ALL device drivers upto date etc....
and the usual..
Jeffus is offline   Reply With Quote