- Added initial support for PureVideo-like features on Linux via the new VDPAU API (see the vdpau.h header file installed with the driver).
- Enabled the X Render "GlyphCache" by default.
- Disabled shared memory X pixmaps by default; see the AllowSHMPixmaps" option.
- Fixed a regression that could result in window decoration corruption when running Compiz using Geforce 6 and 7 series GPUs.
- Improved X pixmap placement on GeForce 8 series and later GPUs.
- Improved stability on some GeForce 8 series and newer GPUs.
NVIDIA Accelerated FreeBSD Graphics Driver Set for FreeBSD/i386
is available for download via HTTP
Please see the README
for more information about this release.
If you are using FreeBSD 6.0-RELEASE
or a more recent FreeBSD 6.x
release, please make sure that the compat5x-i386
package is installed.
Note that the gtk-2.x ports package(s) shipped with FreeBSD releases > 5.3-RELEASE
are binary incompatible with those shipped with FreeBSD 5.3-RELEASE
; due to this, the `nvidia-settings`
binary shipped with 177.82
will not work on FreeBSD > 5.3-RELEASE
. This problem can be solved by (re-)building `nvidia-settings`
# fetch http://download.nvidia.com/XFree86/n...ngs-1.0.tar.gz
# tar zxf nvidia-settings-180.06.tar.gz
# cd nvidia-settings-1.0# gmake
# install nvidia-settings /usr/X11R6/bin
This NVIDIA FreeBSD graphics driver release supports GeForce 6 series and newer
NVIDIA GPUs. GeForce FX GPUs are supported through the 173.14.xx
driver series, while GeForce4 and older GPUs are supported through the 96.43.xx
NVIDIA legacy graphics drivers.
Please also note:
If you encounter any problems with the [b]180.06/b] NVIDIA FreeBSD graphics driver release, please start a new thread and include a detailed description of the problem, reproduction steps and generate/attach an nvidia-bug-report.log
file (please see http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=46678