Thread: mplayer vdpau
View Single Post
Old 11-15-08, 10:37 AM   #43
DeiF

Default Re: mplayer vdpau

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapsure View Post
What version of libx264 does the SVN snapshot that the script pull require? When I when to compile it I got the following error:

Code:
cc -DHAVE_AV_CONFIG_H -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_ISOC9X_SOURCE -I.. -I.. -Wdisabled-optimization -Wno-pointer-sign -Wdeclaration-after-statement -std=gnu99 -I. -Wall -Wno-switch -Wpointer-arith -Wredundant-decls -O4 -march=k8 -mtune=k8 -pipe -ffast-math -fomit-frame-pointer -D_REENTRANT -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_LARGEFILE64_SOURCE -I/usr/X11R6/include  -I/usr/include/SDL  -D_REENTRANT    -I/usr/include/freetype2 -I/usr/include/dirac     -c -o libx264.o libx264.c
libx264.c: In function 'X264_init':
libx264.c:165: error: 'x264_param_t' has no member named 'b_bframe_adaptive'
libx264.c:230: error: 'struct <anonymous>' has no member named 'b_bidir_me'
libx264.c:231: error: 'struct <anonymous>' has no member named 'b_bframe_rdo'
libx264.c:256: error: 'struct <anonymous>' has no member named 'psz_rc_eq'
make[1]: *** [libx264.o] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/brian/download/mplayer-vdpau-3076399/mplayer-vdpau/libavcodec'
make: *** [libavcodec/libavcodec.a] Error 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by anonobomber View Post
I'm getting the same thing. Running Debian Lenny amd64 here with all system packages updated. I tried gcc-3.4, gcc-4.1, gcc-4.2 and gcc-4.3 and all result in the same error.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Warren View Post
The MPlayer patches haven't been validated against any version of libx264.

Your best bet is to look at the svn revisions that the patch pulls and pull libx264 from the same date/time-stamp. However, there are no guarantees that this will work.

I found the solution.

Open the file "libavcodec/libx264.c" and remove these lines:
Code:
x4->params.analyse.b_bidir_me = avctx->bidir_refine > 0;
x4->params.analyse.b_bframe_rdo = avctx->flags2 & CODEC_FLAG2_BRDO;
x4->params.rc.psz_rc_eq = avctx->rc_eq;
Change this:
Code:
x4->params.b_bframe_adaptive = avctx->b_frame_strategy;
to this:
Code:
x4->params.i_bframe_adaptive = avctx->b_frame_strategy;
With that it should compile. Most distros do that already for their mplayer packages.

My results:
  • I have a 8400GS card (not supported for VC-1 IIRC). The last 2 files print this error message: Error at libvo/vo_vdpau.c:637
  • I tried to seek in the "nature" video (the snake one) and my PC crashed (froze) completely. I had to reboot pressing the reset button.

The videos play nice, with low CPU. I'll continue testing...
DeiF is offline   Reply With Quote