View Single Post
Old 11-15-08, 11:03 AM   #44
jiffy

Default Re: Call of Duty: World at War Offical Feedback Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrixteH View Post
To the untrained eye maybe

I played it at a friends house and saw the rest of the multiplayer maps...about 3 of the maps have potential to be played at a competitive level with heavy modding. The guns are still bad...recoil is the main problem and bullet registration is terrible.

Don't get me wrong...for the casual player the game is excellent and very much like cod4, after all it is what the game is based on. But to make this game work at LAN tournaments it is in need of some modding especially where balance is concerened and to seperate the lame from the skilled would take a lot. RAF1 is working on promod and bulletworm is working on pam, however with the reactions from most of the LAN communities it isnt going to go far.

http://www.tek-9.org/forum/Call_of_D....html#comments

Great game to play on public and single player but the basis for competitive play is let down...what made cod4 great for LAN play isnt there for codWW.

http://uk.gamespot.com/pc/action/cal...y5/review.html
Untrained eye huh? I have played every COD series from day one. I have played competitively in each series through the years. You can't say this game is any different than COD4 because there will be a mod to make it a competitive game just like the others. Sorry, to say but COD4 was a nightmare in CAL, CEVO, TWL , etc. That is why it is dying a fast death in tournament play. COD:WaW will be just as good or better than COD 4 was or is. You are, as a server admin, able to change more server items in COD:WaW than you ever were in COD 4 and I feel this will make it a much better game in the long run. For example you can alter the number of dogs that are released on attack, change health ratios for the whole server, etc. This is good news for public servers at least, and I think it will carry over for those who play in ladders and leagues.
jiffy is offline   Reply With Quote