View Single Post
Old 11-15-08, 12:45 PM   #47
jiffy

Default Re: Call of Duty: World at War Offical Feedback Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrixteH View Post
CoD4 is dying a fast death...There are over 4000 teams in the Clanbase SD ladder alone...you state cod4 was a nightmare in CAL etc, but you never stated why ?????

CoD:ww wont be as good in tournament play..many communities such as TEK9 are already writing it off before the mods have been released...and you think that because there are more server options to the admins it will make a better game....OK lol you obviously never heard of Promod then. CoD4 had a solid foundation that could be modded to make even better...the basis of the game such as weapon balance, some of the perks, map layout and physics were already good and didnt need much modding....CoD:WW needs a complete overhaul in that respect...weapons are totally unbalanced, map layouts are crap in most of the maps and physics feel wrong...of course there could be mods to make these better but it would take a lot of modding. Expect not to see tanks in maps, almost every new perk and most of the old ones to be removed, killstreak bonuses removed, gun sights removed, heavy weapon damage modifications and the reliability of public mappers to come up with some decent maps that could be excepted in competitive gaming.

BTW i have played every cod and cod tournament mod right from cod1 upto cod4...i played mohaa competitively for 3 years on its release and i have attended LANs for everything inbetween for games such as FEAR, GRAW, QUAKE, UT2004.....oh it goes on n on. As i said W@W is a good singleplayer/multiplayer game but it lacks that essence that made cod4 soo good in competitive play.

I aint getting into a game that may not be supported by most LANs and if it does succeed it will only be for a few month after the mods have been finalised then IW release the next CoD that will indefinately blow it out the water...every way possible.
Front page news on clanbase for you:

Call of Duty: World at War Promod confirmed
Maker of the successful Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare competitive 'Promod', Ryan "Raf1" Palmer has confirmed that Promod will return with his latest version for Call of Duty, World at War.

There are also 3,000 on clanbase playing the original COD, so saying 4,000 in COD 4 is not a big deal. I do not live in Europe and the shelf life here for the COD games in competition is much shorter (from what I see on clanbase). COD 2 is not even played much in the US anymore.

And your whole rant on maps, gun balance,etc. is wrong. The perks etc. that you speak of being removed for competition are exactly the same things they removed from COD4. Your arguments against COD:waw are not based on facts beyond you don't like the game play, especially since WaW is so similar to COD 4 in many respects. People that prefer weapons that are not dead accurate will like COD:waw. COD4 was too easy to pick up because the guns are all almost perfect. In COD:waw the guns shoot more erratically, for which I think requires more skill.

And there are many gamers who feel that COD4 has been the worst game out of the series for ladders and leagues, compared to COD, COD:UO, and COD2.

I suspect you don't own the game.
jiffy is offline   Reply With Quote