View Single Post
Old 11-15-08, 01:44 PM   #44
Heinz68

Default Re: EVGA GTX 280 FTW Edition 90-Day Step-up if any?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital_Trans View Post
Does anyone for see NVIDIA releasing anything new in Dec. 08? With ATI having 65% of the market share what is NVIDIA up to in order to counter offer something better sooner then later if any? I want to use my EVGA 90-Day Step-up for something better then a 9800 GX2......
Where did you get this info about about "ATI having 65% of the market share"? If that's the case I should start soon cheering up for NVIDIA.

According to the latest Jon Peddie Research it is 40%
Quote:
AMD's new line not only took back some market share--jumping up to 40 percent from 35 percent the quarter prior--it forced Nvidia (and partners) to cut prices on its recently released GTX 200 series product," JPR said.
The above figure is only for discrete graphics card market in overall GPUs for desktop the ATI is distant third.
Quote:
For desktop GPUs, Intel increased its first place position to a 43.9 percent share, while Nvidia's position slipped to 32.6 percent, and AMD climbed to 20.3 percent, JPR said.
Source
Before AMD's acquisition the ATI was always close second in this market segment. The ATI still has one the best integrated graphics chip but now only for the AMD platform.

PS I wish people would stop all the personal attacks in this thread, it's really not much to learn from and it doesn't make anybody look better than the other, at least to me.

------------------------------------------------------------
Core i7 980X EE @ 4316 MHz 1.35V - Corsair Hydro Series H50
ASUS Rampage II Extreme - Corsair Dominator 1600MHz 12GB Triple-Channel
Sapphire HD 6990 - ATI TV Wonder 650 PCIe
Intel X25-M 160GB 34nm G2 SSD - Seagate Barracuda 1TB 32mb
Cosmos S Case - Corsair HX1000W PSU
Pioner Blu-ray Burner 6X BD-R - Westinghouse LVM-37w3, 37inch 1080p
Logitech G25 Racing Wheel - Logitech Cordless RumblePad 2
Sennheiser RS 180 - Windows 7 64-bit Pro
Heinz68 is offline   Reply With Quote