Thread: mplayer vdpau
View Single Post
Old 11-15-08, 02:31 PM   #63
bexbier

Default Re: mplayer vdpau

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Warren View Post
Yes, that was it. It's odd that it didn't fail. In configure.log right after the part you looked at, there should be a line like:

Result: yes

Is the result yes or no for you?

By the way (this probably doesn't make a difference but) you don't need to run the cc command (or any compile command) under sudo. Can you double check that you get the same result without using sudo. Finally, can you run this after the compile command:

echo $?

This should say whether the compile succeeded.

ok .... the logfile said :
Code:
============ Checking for VDPAU ============

#include <vdpau/vdpau_x11.h>
int main(void) {
  (void)vdp_device_create_x11(0, 0, 0, 0);
  return 0; }

cc -Wall -Wno-switch -Wpointer-arith -Wredundant-decls -O4 -march=native -mtune=native -pipe -ffast-math -fomit-frame-pointer  -I/usr/include/directfb     -lncurses  -ldirectfb  -lXext -lX11 -lpthread  -o /tmp/mplayer-conf--16505 /tmp/mplayer-conf--16505.c -lvdpau

Result is: yes 
run compiler without sudo:

Code:
bex@bex-vdr:/usr/local/src/mplayer-vdpau-3076399/mplayer-vdpau$ cc -Wall -Wno-switch -Wpointer-arith -Wredundant-decls -O4 -march=native -mtune=native -pipe -ffast-math -fomit-frame-pointer  -I/usr/include/directfb     -lncurses  -ldirectfb  -lXext -lX11 -lpthread  -o autodetect autodetect.c -lvdpau
/usr/bin/ld: cannot open output file autodetect: Permission denied
collect2: ld gab 1 als Ende-Status zurück
bex@bex-vdr:/usr/local/src/mplayer-vdpau-3076399/mplayer-vdpau$ echo $?
its clear, i compiled in "/usr/local/src", so root is the owner of this direction.

run compiler with sudo :

Code:
bex@bex-vdr:/usr/local/src/mplayer-vdpau-3076399/mplayer-vdpau$ sudo cc -Wall -Wno-switch -Wpointer-arith -Wredundant-decls -O4 -march=native -mtune=native -pipe -ffast-math -fomit-frame-pointer  -I/usr/include/directfb     -lncurses  -ldirectfb  -lXext -lX11 -lpthread  -o autodetect autodetect.c -lvdpau
bex@bex-vdr:/usr/local/src/mplayer-vdpau-3076399/mplayer-vdpau$ echo $?
regards

bex
bexbier is offline   Reply With Quote