Old 11-15-08, 03:32 PM   #69
tx2rx

Default Re: mplayer vdpau

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Warren View Post
bexbier, tx2rx,

When you got this error:

Code:
coder.o loader/dmo/buffer.o loader/dmo/dmo.o loader/dmo/dmo_guids.o libmpcodecs/vd_xanim.o stream/ai_oss.o libmpeg2/idct_mmx.o libmpeg2/motion_comp_mmx.o mp3lib/decode_i586.o mp3lib/decode_mmx.o mp3lib/dct64_sse.o mp3lib/dct64_mmx.o libswscale/libswscale.a libavformat/libavformat.a libavcodec/libavcodec.a libavutil/libavutil.a libpostproc/libpostproc.a  -Wl,-z,noexecstack    -lz -lpthread -ldl -rdynamic  -lm   
libavcodec/libavcodec.a(allcodecs.o): In function `avcodec_register_all':
allcodecs.c:(.text+0x25d): undefined reference to `h264_vdpau_decoder'
allcodecs.c:(.text+0x64d): undefined reference to `vc1_vdpau_decoder'
allcodecs.c:(.text+0x701): undefined reference to `wmv3_vdpau_decoder'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [mplayer] Fehler 1
Did you run the MPlayer patch script *before* installing the 180.06 driver?

MPlayer with VDPAU patches requires the NVIDIA driver to be installed before configure/make is run. I *suspect* that what happened is: You both attempted to build MPlayer before installing the NVIDIA driver, so the VDPAU auto-detection failed, and hence the build failed with the errors above(1). However, later you installed the NVIDIA driver, and/or added the flag to force VDPAU to be enabled, and everything worked. If this is the case, you should now be able to re-run configure without the force flag, and rebuild MPlayer, and it should all just work now.

(1) Those errors (which occur when MPlayer is patched to support VDPAU, configure attempted to autodetect VDPAU, but failed) are now fixed in our code-base, and will be included whenever a new MPlayer patch is released.
I think you put your finger on it, at the time I had installed the 180.06 driver/GLX but was still running the old kernel mod and the old instance of of xorg (was to lazy to restart X ;-)). Just ran a compile with just configure and it's detecting it fine now (using rev27725 which is the latest in the Gentoo unstable tree).

Has anyone got it playing H264 from MKV containers/files yet?
tx2rx is offline   Reply With Quote