View Single Post
Old 11-19-08, 02:08 PM   #62
Zelda_fan

Default Re: Wrath of the Lich King!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy sung View Post
I hate arcane mages,playing some bg's with my newly dinged 70 retri-pala alt that doesnt have much in gear yet,just the Crusader's Scaled Battlegear set with some epic items like the red belt of battle and merciless boots but not much in the way of resiliance ,perhaps 170 or so.They are completely hopeless with 3500 + crits killing me before i can say bubble.I didnt see mages on top of the damage boards before the patch/expansion but last night a mage on our side dealt 350 000 damage in a arathi basin loss,sure he was lv 77 but the #2 damage dealer was lv73 mage for the alliance side.

Seeing more and more of this,as you said you cant stop it,atleast not me because i cant get close enough for judgements/stuns/melee before they kill me.
Dude, even with the nerfs, Ret paladins are still the most ridiculous class in the game right now. I'm not saying mages are weak (we are very strong now), but Ret is still the number one class for PvP. I can't imagine how a mage/other class will manage to beat Ret/Ret or Ret/DK in arenas.

As far as how to counter, learn to bubble quicker. And learn to use Blessing of Freedom when they cast Slow on you. Getting rid of snares will reduce their damage output by 12% as we have a talent that increases damage when you are snared. And if you are 70 running around in greens and blues of course you are going to get killed by a better geared mage. Get some epix.
Zelda_fan is offline   Reply With Quote