View Single Post
Old 11-19-08, 11:01 PM   #67
Rakeesh

Default Re: Wrath of the Lich King!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelda_fan View Post
That's the counter. If you can catch them then they're dead. A good arcane mage though, knows how to stay mobile.
It's hard to stay mobile against a feral druid, for any class, let alone mages. When he does a frost nova/blink, I can powershift/charge. My charge is on the same cooldown as his blink so I can always do it in response to his blink, furthermore unlike rogue kidney shot, he cannot blink out of my maim. He cannot outrun me, it isn't even possible. I have a permanent +50% movement speed in cat form, and dash does +98% movement speed. Infected wounds will always keep him at -50% movement speed, namely because it is always refreshed every time I hit mangle or shred, and likewise his pvp trinket won't help much here. Feral druids are the one class/spec in the game that absolutely cannot be kited.

And it is going to get even better too, blizzard has announced that they are going to implement a change to an existing feral talent that will reduce the cost of shapeshifting by 50%, which will stack with natural shapeshifter to reduce it by 80%. You'll be looking at a mana cost of about 200 for me to shapeshift at level 80, and shapeshifting breaks anything you can drop on me, including slow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelda_fan View Post
And yes, health will double at 80, but Arcane hits pretty ****ing hard at 80. An arcane mage will have enough talent points to unlock the AP+PoM+Pyro (which will probably crit due to a talent that ups crit chance after PoM) combo which will ~10k of damage assuming a crit. Combine this with a fireblast and a few arcane barrages, and you're looking at 20k of up front damage. Not many classes can take that much much burst and live to tell about it.
I can And believe me, I've seen it already.

Core i7 2600k 4.4Ghz 1.385v | Corsair H60 | 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 8-8-8-24 | MSI P67A-G45 | OCZ Vertex 3 | Sapphire 7850 OC to Max settings

Rakeesh is offline   Reply With Quote