View Single Post
Old 11-20-08, 02:37 AM   #68
Zelda_fan

Default Re: Wrath of the Lich King!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaWolf_HK View Post
It's hard to stay mobile against a feral druid, for any class, let alone mages. When he does a frost nova/blink, I can powershift/charge. My charge is on the same cooldown as his blink so I can always do it in response to his blink, furthermore unlike rogue kidney shot, he cannot blink out of my maim. He cannot outrun me, it isn't even possible. I have a permanent +50% movement speed in cat form, and dash does +98% movement speed. Infected wounds will always keep him at -50% movement speed, namely because it is always refreshed every time I hit mangle or shred, and likewise his pvp trinket won't help much here. Feral druids are the one class/spec in the game that absolutely cannot be kited.

And it is going to get even better too, blizzard has announced that they are going to implement a change to an existing feral talent that will reduce the cost of shapeshifting by 50%, which will stack with natural shapeshifter to reduce it by 80%. You'll be looking at a mana cost of about 200 for me to shapeshift at level 80, and shapeshifting breaks anything you can drop on me, including slow.

I can And believe me, I've seen it already.
That's why I'm frost at the moment not arcane.

sort of innaccurate info in your post. First of all in cat form your charge is on a 30 second cooldown. That means I get to blink 2x for every charge you do. And only an idiot mage would ever Nova+Blink. Every time I see you in a Nova I'll be setting up a shatter combo. I save blink for when you get me in a stun. If you manage to break the nova, I'll put you in another one. To be any threat to me as a mage you need to be in cat form. Constantly shapeshifting out of my kites (which are nearly unlimited as a frost mage) means you aren't gonna be able to damage me much, and I have a TON of kites - Deep Freeze, Frost Nova, Ice Armor debuff , Rank 1 frost bolt, Pet Nova, Ice Barrier Nova, Cone of Cold, etc. Heal and I'll counterspell, etc.

I'll admit, in BC you guys owned us, but now we just have too many novas and snares. Eventually we're gonna catch you in one, and it's gonna be painful when we do. We also have a lot of damage mitigation (Ice Barrier absorbs like 5k damage with good gear at 80). Also consider we have a pet hitting you for ~700 every 2 seconds, and there really isn't much you can do about it.
Zelda_fan is offline   Reply With Quote