Originally Posted by zander
We plan on updating the 71.86.xx family of legacy graphics driver releases for X.Org 1.5, but unfortunately, this will likely not happen in the near future.
Can you at least give some tentative estimate on when this would be released? It's about 2 months since this driver is broken. I am sure there are plenty of users who are just waiting.. I would really appreciate if you at least release a beta driver soon.