View Single Post
Old 11-21-08, 05:59 PM   #1
shaban

Default Geforce 460 Go in Opensuse 11 - failure to start server

Hello,
this forum might be my last resource, I am trying to get a Geforce4 460 Go working under OpenSuse 11 with the latest Legacy driver 96.43.09beta after a new installation.
Before I had 3d graphics beautifully working under Suse 10 (two years ago), its a pity I have no idea which driver version.
The computer is a Toshiba 5200-801 Laptop.

Anyhow, I tried a lot, even older drivers like 6639, but they wont compile....

The 94.43.07 is in the Suse repositories but as soon as the Xserver starts I get a white screen which then looks like cream running down the screen an turning into greyish black. Sax does not start even with the -l option.

I finally went to the nVidia website and downloaded many older drivers but none would install. I think the kernel and module architecture has been changed too much since Suse 10 and I dont know how to adjust it.

So I got this latest beta and it installs like a dream just like version 96.43.07.
But then.... the cream and black screen again!

The genuine "nv" driver works perfect, even in 1600x1200, only no 3d..!

I really dont know what to do, so I created the recommended log files which are attached.

One is the error file after the "nvidia" server failes to start. The other one is the file after a successful start of the "nv" server.

Help is highly appreciated!!

Thanks!
Attached Files
File Type: gz nvidia-bug-report_nvidia-fail.log.gz (35.0 KB, 201 views)
File Type: gz nvidia-bug-report_nv-successful.log.gz (30.7 KB, 198 views)
shaban is offline   Reply With Quote