View Single Post
Old 11-22-08, 09:21 AM   #25
Rollo

Default Re: Should I get a GTX 260 216??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heinz68 View Post
I just ordered the Gigabyte Radeon HD 4870 X2, getting ready for Core i7.
If my about 3 months experience with PowerColor HD 4870 was as bad as 'tejas' is claiming i sure would not have ordered the x2 card.
That's all.
ATi seems to be having driver issues of late, as reported at AnandTech:

http://www.anandtech.com/video/showdoc.aspx?i=3463&p=6

Quote:
But that is not an excuse for the kind of horrific experience we've had with every single other AMD solution when playing this game.....Maintaining a monthly driver release schedule is detrimental to AMD's ability to release quality drivers.......But when a major title like Far Cry 2 is released to incredibly poor driver support, it is time to wake up and realize that something is wrong......we do see a lot more issues with AMD drivers than NVIDIA...And now it is time for AMD to learn from their mistakes and change over to a more manageable and sensible driver release policy....
In answer to the OP:

EVGA Core 216s on sale dirt cheap at newegg this weekend, my guess is they'll go fast.

Rig 2:
intel 2500K + NVIDIA GTX590 + Dell 3007 WFPHC

[SIZE="1"]NVIDIA Focus Group Member
[B]NVIDIA Focus Group Members receive free software and/or hardware from NVIDIA from time to time to facilitate the evaluation of NVIDIA products. However, the opinions expressed are solely those of the Members.[/B][/SIZE]
Rollo is offline   Reply With Quote