View Single Post
Old 11-23-08, 02:30 PM   #10
aceflier
Bringer of teh Welt

Default Re: Never again will I buy DRM

Well, my ongoing attempts to contact EA via email have got me nowhere.

All I get is an automated response saying thank you please purchase another copy of Crysis Warhead. Anyone know EA's phone number in US? I cant find it anywhere.

I will add I was having some slow boot times so I did do quite a bit of tinkering with the OS. I noticed my bootloader was not showing under advanced system settings so I put the vista DVD in and recovered boot loader.

About the chipset drivers I did install those 20's then back to the 15's then used driver cleaner and used the microsoft driver till I noticed my Nforce driver wasnt installed then I reinstalled the 15's again.

If that caused it then DRM can really go to hell.

I just did a reformat of vista64. As nothing helped with my slow boot times (about 4 minutes)

I was pretty well through playing the game itself and all I used it for was benchmarking new drivers. If I want to play it ever again I will use alternate methods of installation. (Another issue of a paying customer getting screwed by Copy protection)

Weather the lot of you believe me or not I really dont care. But, the problem is happening. This post on the first page of mycrysis.com...

http://www.mycrysis.com/thread.php?threadid=38926

Gluck to anyone else this happens to.
128gb Crusial Real SSD
750gb WD Black
Buggy wife RMA next week
Vantage P43697 3DMarks
3D Mark 11 P10008
aceflier is offline   Reply With Quote