View Single Post
Old 11-24-08, 11:48 AM   #3
spokenfor
*BANNED*

Default Re: GTX 260 Core 216 SLI vs. Radeon 4870X2

Quote:
Originally Posted by usfbull09 View Post
Alright, I know this forum may be biased, but I'm trying to decide between these two configurations for my next comp...

Of the reviews I've read, the SLI seems to perform better than the Radeon, but I'm really worried about overheating...I know the Radeon GPUs can withstand a high temp. and I know that the included fan on those cards pushes heat outside the case...Basically, how do I keep the SLI config from overheating? Will the stock fans do it, or do I need to spend a lot on a liquid cooling system? I was planning on using the Freezone or Freezone Elite (not Pure) since it doesn't take up too much space, and it's internal...I don't think there is a GPU block that can connect to the Freezones...

This is my planned build:

CPU: Intel Core i7 920-2.66 GHz (plan to overclock to ~3.5 stable)
MoBo: Asus P6T Deluxe
RAM: Patriot Viper 6GB DDR3 1600
GTX 260 Core 216 OC-SLI
HDD: WD VelociRaptor 150GB, WD Caviar 640GB 7200
CPU Cooler: Freezone Elite CPU Cooler
Sound: Creative Labs Sound Blaster Audigy (cheap, upgrade later)
Drives: LG Blu-Ray/HD-DVD/DVD-RW
PSU: PC Power & Cooling 1000W Power Supply
Case: Coolermaster Cosmos 1000/Cosmos S/Antec 1200 Case (any recommendation)
Monitor: A 24" 1920x1080/1200 monitor yet to be named
What do you all think of the build (This is the first I'll be building myself, always got recs. from other people) and back to my original question, how do I cool the SLI 260s? Thanks for any recommendations, appreciate it...
Now that you can do SLI on an intel board I would have to say SLI is the best choice.
spokenfor is offline   Reply With Quote