View Single Post
Old 11-25-08, 11:41 AM   #25
Rakeesh

Default Re: Thoughts on the new Duel Spec option coming to WoW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Prime View Post
Yeah... moonkin; 15000 armor all the time, meta; 13000 armor for 30 seconds once every 3 minutes?

Why does moonkin get plate all the time and a dps increasing spec, but on a lock with a dps lowering spec, its only 18% up time? How is the lock overpowered but the moonkin isn't?
Trust me your survivability as a warlock is better overall than that of a boomkin. It used to not be so, but ever since casters do such wicked burst DPS now, boomkins are actually pretty squishy in PVP compared to warlocks. Between your soul link and your ability to drain tank - there isn't really a comparison. Not to mention that if you have a healer with you, you basically have infinite mana, whereas a boomkin doesn't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Prime View Post
I've been leveling a DK until they do something about locks, its just not enjoyable to play one at the moment.
PVE wise I've seen locks doing pretty well. I don't really know about PVP yet. I will say, though, that death knights and paladins are currently *the* pvp classes at the moment. Ironic considering how previously paladins were the worst next to hunters.

Core i7 2600k 4.4Ghz 1.385v | Corsair H60 | 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 8-8-8-24 | MSI P67A-G45 | OCZ Vertex 3 | Sapphire 7850 OC to Max settings

Rakeesh is offline   Reply With Quote