View Single Post
Old 09-03-03, 02:25 AM   #318
Jeffus

Send a message via ICQ to Jeffus

Well, guys I got this back from GAINWARD regarding my sound issues with the Geforce FX5900 Ultra!! I sent mine back and got the MSI but it's some response... altohugh the noise issue went away after installing the Antec truepower 550 PSU!!

Here it is.....
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So sorry late for reply your mail.
We really find the sound of this graphic card when use some application.
But it doesn't effect the function and operating.
We also feedback this condition to EDOM company which is nVIDIA sole agency in Taiwan.
EDOM feedback to nVIDIA and nVIDIA reply to EDOM as following:

" I have seen this before. And I believe this is normal manufacturing variance in inductor technology. Basically the glue inside the inductor is not doing its job, and the wires are rattling. I have heard this from other products in the field. This does not effect the product from operating correctly, just more noisy. If this is a show stopper we may have to push back on the inductor manufacturers..."
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hmmmm, I guess gainward ain't that bothered?? and have shrugged it off as being normal........ (sorry modorators for my next statement) That's BOLLOX! I would strongly urge people not to buy GAINWARDS FX5900 series!!
AMD Athlon 2600+ XP
1gig mem DDR333
MSI Starforce Geforce FX5900 Ultra 256 VTD (current driver 52.16Whql)
2 x Maxtor 120gig HDs
Logitec MX700 mouse
Audigy 2 sound + 5.1 Surround Logitech speaker system
XP Pro + all service packs, ALL device drivers upto date etc....
and the usual..
Jeffus is offline   Reply With Quote