View Single Post
Old 09-03-03, 03:24 PM   #328
goblin

I agree that it seems that Nvidia is stalling. They spend millions of dollars on R&D yet it seems that they do not test their own hardware on real systems.

All they have to do is to buy 80 different popular MBs maybe more the cost is a drop in the bucket to them. Then have some grunts test out the cards on various configurations. Test them with crappy PS test them with good Power supplys etc. Test them with a system that has every utility known to man installed to see if there are any conflicts.

I think they must only test with better than average equipment. We all know that not everyone has the best equipment. They could put a warning on the box about incompatibilties etc.

Thats probably asking too much. They will put the blame on the motherboard companies etc.

Nvidia should take a more active role in the message boards like ATI. If they cared they would. Nvidia was the best but sadly the let ATI roll over them.

Quote:
Originally posted by Jeffus
I have to say, I'm concerned about the lack of feedback (info) from Nvidia, MSI, Gainward (well stupid feedback) etc... What the F**K is going on here??? Seems to me (and I'm a nvidia man myself), but it seems to me that ATI will come out on top here!!!

I admit upgrading my PSU was a benificial move where the sound issue was concerened and that most of the flickering has gone away wit a few exceptions....... sadly.

Nvidia have the neccesary resource to throw various PCs together from various hardware vendors to investigate these issues...... seems to me they are stalling!! I ask the imortal question of 'WHY?' and 'Have I bought a dead duck, or what??' 400 worth of crap!!??

OK, OK.. I'm pissed with all this mollarchy but come on don't we deserve answers.... where's a WATCHDOG when you need one!! Seems to me Nvidia are more interested in their next NV chipset, next gen GFX card...... I see them now... come on chaps stuff this issue with the FX5900s we need to get our new card out before ATI release theirs!!!???? Seems to me it's about winning te Nvidia/ATI war...... and we the innocent victims!!!

That article over at The Inquirer hit the mark though...... sadly
goblin is offline   Reply With Quote