View Single Post
Old 12-10-08, 08:50 AM   #8
fhj52

Default Re: 180.11 powermizer still broken

I have a major headache. ... blink ...blink-blink ...blink. ...blink-blink ... ... blink ...blink ...blink-blink-blink.
The display flashes|blinks in MS Windows OS too but not as badly as in Linux OS. ( It takes a couple of hours in XP to get the headache but only minutes in Linux. )

Hundreds of dollars wasted .... to get a GTX260^2 driven display which causes me physical pain because some overzealous green idiot will not remove bad code in the driver?!? I don't believe nVidia Corp could possibly be that stupid. The device must be defective.

EDIT: Deleted what is AYA waste of time. I cannot return for an ATI ...
The good news is that the blink-blink-...-blinking stopped after installing Mandriva 2009 and upgrading kernel 2.6.24 with Linux kernel 2.6.27.5-server. It blinks in openSUSE 10.2 so I will try to get a 2.6.27 kernel(or build one) and see if that resolves the problem there too.

However, next cards will be ATI and next boards will have Intel chipset(s). I hate headaches. I bought what I thought was *the* best cards and displays that I can reasonably afford because I read a LOT of my system. I bought mainboards with chipset for onboard RAID to have cross-platform usability but nVidia won't provide the required drivers or even support the efforts to get them! ... I cannot afford this merry-go-round with nVidia.

---------------------------------
System: BFG GTX260^2 graphics but has ** TERRIBLE BLINKING OS **
SuperMicro H8DCi+AMI BIOS;dual Opt'285;8GB;LSI 320-2x w/ 6xU320 Fuji' MAXs in RAID 10; 4xSATAII on LSI 3041E for backup. Multi-boot Mandriva Linux, openSUSE, WinXPx64 & Win2k-AS; Creative Audigy2-Digital audio.
Gigabyte GA-2CEWH & NVRAID are GONE ... Finally!!

Last edited by fhj52; 12-16-08 at 04:44 PM.
fhj52 is offline   Reply With Quote