View Single Post
Old 12-13-08, 11:59 AM   #19
saturnotaku
Apple user. Deal with it.

Default Re: Which brand do you prefer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by stjuart View Post
I have owned 2 EVGA cards so far and they are great cards. The warranty wile good is annoying in that even if you got a brand new card it has to be from a major retailer off some kind or else you get a 7 day warranty. Which is bs in my opinion, because if its new and you register it they should stand by their product for at least a year no matter what. I never had to use the warranty but technically i don't have any warranty on my new evga card because of their policy.
If you don't purchase from an authorized retailer, you don't get any warranty. This is standard operating procedure for any piece of electronics, be it a video card, home theater system, TV, whatever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeong View Post
If I happen to have weird symptoms w/ the cards I purchase from EVGA that aren't normally covered by standard warranties such as random lockups or graphical glitches, which weren't present before purchasing the cards, will I still be able to send them in for replacements or do I have to live w/ them until they go completely defective? I know some brands do not cover such problems until the cards go completely dead.

Of course, my hypothesis is based on after performing thorough tests and having ruled out other hardware being at fault other than the graphic cards.
There's no reason you wouldn't be covered for these issues. Anything that's clearly a manufacturing defect is covered, provided you purchased from an authorized reseller.
saturnotaku is offline   Reply With Quote