View Single Post
Old 09-05-03, 03:23 AM   #10
LordMorgul
Electrical Engineer

Quote:
Originally posted by unhappy_mage

this is the problem i get trying to modprobe any module, not just this one. have you run into this anywhere else? i just went out and got a new modutils which didn't fix it, so that's presumably not it. does it have to do with the new 'module unloading' code?

---edit---

i replaced my modprobe again and it works now, but after doing 'make install' and changing my X config, it doesn't see the module, which is in /lib/modules/2.6.0-test4/kernel/drivers/video/nvidia.ko . Is this the right place?
For kernel 2.6.0-testx you should be using a changed set of module handling binaries. You need to install module-init-tools-0.9.9 or newer. When installing these you can save the old binaries by moving them, a command integrated in the tarball installation (don't know about rpm options).

Yes, you will have issues loading any module until you've installed these.

The module is installed in the correct location, but you need to make sure you've recompiled and relocated the nvidia.ko each time you change your kernel and recompile to be certain you didn't change anything related.

I'm working on getting this going myself, so I also am in the midst of the struggle, I have issues with the disk drivers at present.

Last edited by LordMorgul; 09-05-03 at 03:29 AM.
LordMorgul is offline   Reply With Quote