View Single Post
Old 12-16-08, 03:45 PM   #16
Toss3
.<<o>>.

Default Re: HDMI 1.3a cables on Amazon for $9.99

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaWolf_HK View Post
Hmm...this is the first time I've heard that. Sounds reasonable at first, then I saw this one though.

At the tail end of that, they talk about monster suing Disney, among a whole other slew of companies, for using the word "monster" anywhere, as if they completely own the word now. Even if Monster is a small company (not saying they are or aren't) there are many cases where the little guy does try to extort the big guy for money, and based on that newscast this seems like one of them.
Holy crap that is just ridiculous - the word monster has existed for thousands of years and now monster cable owns the rights to it? Hope they loose all of their lawsuits and go out of business...