View Single Post
Old 12-19-08, 02:08 PM   #51
Coupe

Default Re: GTX 260/280 Clock Throttling While in 3D Apps. An Explanation.

It is a good idea and I know that power savings is important given world climate conditions.

Image of desktop with game running and Riva graph

I have an AMD X2 6000+, 4 GB of RAM and a GTX 260 core 216 (y couldn't you guys just call it a GTX 265 lol )

I did think it was throttling down because of load. I mean WAR and WOW are made to run on such a large spectrum of PCs that maybe it doesn't use current GPUs like it should.

Using FRAPS, it is weird though that I run like 50 FPS 1680 x 1050 with all settings turned down and on Far Cry 2 with 1680 x 1050, AA x 2 and high settings I run 60 FPS. On COD WoW I run like 80 FPS. These games are much more graphic intensive.

I reverted to 178.24 and the game runs much better, but still bogs down quite often. Perhaps you need to slap around blizzard and mythic and get better optimizations.

Has anyone found a sweet driver version that runs these MMOs the best?

I run the game with shader optimization on or off. I use texture cache size max or default. All other settings are fastest frame rates, but I leave spell effects on all users on or just put self if the action gets too intense.

Last edited by Coupe; 12-19-08 at 02:42 PM. Reason: Game settings
Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote